Monday 5 October 2009

In The Studio

This is a very very late post but mainly because what I'm about to tell you about is still on going.
Back towards the end of July, I went to a work placement with Darren Leader who teaches on my course. He helped me fall head over heels in love with type (opposed to the small crush I had on it before we met) and therefore I grew a lot of respect for what he does the way he works and the way he thinks. Placement with Darren was great, he was really busy at the time which was tricky for me I had to be patient and shut up and wait. Not my greatest skill. Despite this Darren gave me jobs that he knew would help me learn. And I did. He gave me basically my own job to design the corporate ID for a music management company called Fast Tractor, cool name, cool company, cool client (who bought me doughnuts and flowers! before I pitched!) so were still in the process of finishing it off. I'm really excited to post the final product once its all printed and shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment