Sunday 22 March 2009

Exam Premier

I met Gareth Unwin through one of those difficult to explain family connections on Christmas day '08. He is a film director, so for a change I had someone different and interesting to talk to at Christmas! We got on well and have kept in touch. a few weeks ago Gareth dropped me a line saying 'Do you want to put that new iMac to some use?' The task in hand was to design the flyer for the premier of his latest film exam. The requirements were specific. The deadline was tight. I did it and was invited to the premier, which was yesterday. It was very interesting milling around with beautiful people in pretty dresses and shiney shoes at BAFTA! Bafta is lovely the door signs are written in gold Avant Garde caps and made me go ooooh! The film was stunning. An intense, loosely Sci-Fi story of candidates competing for the same job. The acting was suberb, I believed all of it. The film was a 35mm and predominantly shot with a very shallow depth of focus which increased the intensity tenfold and let your into the heads of the characters just a little. The afterparty was at the Penthouse at Number One Leicester Square. We were VIPs, queue jumpers, wristband wearers, I felt special and more comfortable than I expected. We drank wine and champagne and danced. Londoners cannot dance, well not in the fun way we do it up here anyhow. At 02.30 we left for an ice cream. It was good. I want to do it all again. and I totaly recomend the film.

http://www.bedlamproductions.co.uk/



FRONT OF FLYER


BACK OF FLYER


VIP WRISTBAND!

No comments:

Post a Comment