Wednesday 1 April 2009

Police Pledge




These are popping up all over town on every other adshell. I like them, partly because the message is simple and also because the idea is nice and strong. I'm not a fan of type set on blue because it can be difficult to read but I think the choice of blue works well and when you see it in the street it stands out very well from all the concrete and tarmac. And uppercase Gill Sans is of course gorgeous, beautifully legible and just looks great the change in point size draws you eye into the middle of the text to read the smaller 'hidden' word. http://campaigns.direct.gov.uk/policingpledge/

I tend to think the government do a good job with their campaigning. This one made me 'pull my finger out' last year.



and these two are pretty good and wont be forgotten, especially considering the tricky target audience.





There is something that really interests me about those ads you'll never forget. I think it must be because they are often based on such a simple idea but are presented in often a slightly shocking manner. I may do an entry on them in the near future, just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment